Arts Driva is a free programme set up to combine the skills, assets and resources of creatives, technologists and data scientists to develop new value-generating opportunities in the Coast to Capital region. You can find out more about that opportunity here.
As part of this programme, Arts Driva @ FuseBox is offering a fully subsidised 6-month residency programme here at the FuseBox for 12 artists (collectives or individuals) who are based in the Coast to Capital region (Crawley, Brighton & Hove, Lewes, Croydon, Chichester, Horsham, Worthing and the surrounding areas), and who are interested in utilising emerging technologies like immersive, interactive, 5G and quantum computing, in their ideas, practices and work.
The residency programme provides artists with practical, hands-on training and learning in these technologies, and in data and data-generation as both a creative subject and opportunity. It includes datathons, workshops, talks and 1-2-1 support. Artists will engage with existing FuseBox start-ups and innovators and access our immersive lab and other facilities. The residency will also include partnership opportunities with a range of regional organisations and businesses, including Gatwick Airport.
Whether or not you are new to emerging technologies, the programme will give you an opportunity to generate and discover value in what you do, develop methods to effectively communicate and capture that value and so build a sustainable and impactful practice.
This residency programme is an opportunity for you, if…
● You want to create a real impact as an artist and are willing to step outside your comfort zone to do so
● You are intrigued and excited by new and emerging technologies and how they might impact on your practice
● You want to take art out of the galleries and the museums and get it into festivals, stadiums, the streets, shopping centres, university campuses, factories and airports
● You are interested in the experiential – how people respond to your art and how that engagement changes the art and your practice
● You are a willing collaborator, with other artists and with organisations
How to apply
You can apply for the Arts Driva @ FuseBox programme by clicking the red button below.
We encourage applications from those who are either socially or geographically under-represented in the arts. If you need help with your application, please let us know.
*** Deadline for these residency applications is 23rd April ***
*** The programme will start in early June and end November 2019 ***Apply for Arts DRIVA