Arts Driva @ FuseBox is a fully subsidised 6-month residency programme at the FuseBox introducing 14 artists to emerging technologies like immersive, interactive, 5G and quantum computing to utilise in their ideas, practices and work. The residency programme provides artists with practical, hands-on training and learning in these technologies, and in data and data-generation as both a creative subject and opportunity.
It includes datathons, workshops, talks and 1-2-1 support. Artists are engaging with existing FuseBox start-ups and innovators and have access to our immersive lab and other facilities. The residency also includes partnership opportunities with a range of regional organisations and businesses, including Gatwick Airport.
Whether or not they are new to emerging technologies, the programme gives the artists an opportunity to generate and discover value in what they do, develop methods to effectively communicate and capture that value and so build a sustainable and impactful practice.
This residency programme was designed for artists who:
– Want to create a real impact as an artist and are willing to step outside their comfort zone to do so
– Are intrigued and excited by new and emerging technologies and how they might impact on their practice
– Want to take art out of the galleries and the museums and get it into festivals, stadiums, the streets, shopping centres, university campuses, factories and airport
– Are interested in the experiential – how people respond to their art and how that engagement changes the art and their practice
– Are a willing collaborator, with other artists and with organisations
The Arts Driva @FuseBox programme is running from June to November 2019. If you would like more information or would like to contribute to the programme, get in touch with Rosalie, our Hub Manager, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01273 692888. We would love to hear from you.